Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Every good and perfect gift comes from above. James 1:17


Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Bedrooms

Another couple of projects we've had to tackle lately were the kids' bedrooms. We moved Sherrod to our guest room and had our neighbor Totten paint for us. I figured since Sherrod was 2 now and had been in a toddler bed where he could get in and out on his own, he was ready for a "big boy" bed. (The toddler bed was one of those that converted from a crib and we did NOT want to have to buy another crib)So for his birthday, his Ri Ri (Russell's mom) helped us out on big boy bedding. We had my dad make him a headboard out of pine cut from our hunting camp. It turned out really cute overall, but the picture does not do it any justice. It was taken with my phone and just to show how the headboard and bedding turned out. And yes, that is a queen size bed for a little bitty boy :)
For the baby room, I got away from pink because those of you who know me-I'm not a pink person! The main colors are red and a light blue. Once again our neighbor painted Sherrod's old room (yeah the one that I worked my butt off on painting stripes on the walls, etc-I only shed a couple of tears but I'm hoping that was just pregnant hormones). So the baby GIRL room is light blue and almost complete. Still just have to hang a couple of things on the walls and we will be ready for this little girl! I did take one picture of the bedding with her name hung on the wall over it.

No comments: