Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Every good and perfect gift comes from above. James 1:17


Monday, February 9, 2009

2009 Dixie National Rodeo

A family tradition of ours from as way back as I can remember has always been to go to the rodeo that comes to Jackson every February. I can remember the horses all decked out in glitter and these fabulous costumes and it was love at first site! I was very excited to take Sherrod to his first Dixie National Rodeo. (Note-we got a babysitter last year because he was just too small) The 3 of us went with my parents and my brother and his crew. The kids were wild! Sherrod was constantly saying "moo cow" and "horseeeeee." He had a blast! We chased him all over the coliseum. During the half time entertainment with the Oak Ridge Boys, the kids were able to go down on the dirt and run around playing. This definitely helped release some energy! Drake, Landry and Sherrod rotated laps to sit in, sharing goldfish, pickles and cotton candy. Sherrod's new found favorite treat is cotton candy. He inhaled it. We actually had to buy 2 things of it. I just knew all the sugar would have him wired, but as soon as we hit the road to come back to Cleveland, he was out like a light! I'm already excited about next year...yee haw!








No comments: